Saturday, 21 June 2014

Cartoon madness...

Hi there, long time no see!!

I feel like I have been missing in action for a little while. However, I have not been idle. I have loads of projects to share with you in the coming weeks.

I have also been contemplating what, if anything, I want to do with this blog.

I have been reading with interest all the recent posts about pattern testing and honest reviewing of independent pattern companies. I'm certainly not going to rehash those debates here. I'm sure you are all sick to death of reading about it now. 

It did make me think about what I enjoy reading about on the blogs I follow and what do I want to contribute to the sewing community and blogosphere in general?

After much scratching of my head, I decided to get back to grass roots. What I most enjoy about the sewing community is the inspiration it gives me. Whether or not people are being very polite about a badly drafted pattern, I enjoy reading reviews, finding out what patterns and fabric are available and giving it a go for myself. We are all made differently so what works for me won't work for others and vice versa. 

Despite my limited sewing skills, I wanted to share my experiences and, hopefully, help others in the same boat!

So with all of that said, here is a show and tell project... yes it's another Dixie DIY Ballet Dress. I won't bore you with details. I think I've adequately covered this dress pattern now lol. 


Having seen the cute dresses made with the Home Sewing is Easy fabric; especially Gertie's and Roisin's, I was thrilled when I spotted this jersey material in Linens in Hartlepool. 

There isn't really a plot to it, it's more of a collection of odd cartoons with a Caribbean beach background. Here are some highlights...


It's educational as well as fun!!


Is she not sure if we're welcome or if it's a party?? Punctuation fail!!


Oh dear! Is she so drunk she has mistaken the fish tank for the beach? 


Who's this Teddy? Is he the perv with the camera in the bushes?


Clearly the Elizabeth Taylor lookalike doesn't mind Teddy's voyeurism!!

This is such fun fabric and soooo comfy. I think this is going to be a firm favourite over the summer!

Ta ta for now. 

Love, Eliza Brown x

6 comments:

  1. There is some hilarious dialogue going on in those frames! The dress looks excellent ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is officially my favourite dress now :-)

      Delete
  2. This is brilliant!! Since I do not have a dress like this, when you wear it out, do people stop to read the print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one has blatantly stopped me to read it but I have caught a few people giving me side glances. If you do make one, be careful of pattern placement. I've caught a couple of people trying to read my chest lol!!

      Delete
  3. Cute dress Eliza, love the fabric, you did a really nice job on it ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, that's very kind :-)

      Delete